Friday 25 May 2007

It started a year ago today...

to celebrate the beginning of my marathon labor which started a year ago today, I rushed to the doctor's as soon as I got home from the airport. I got there at 6:15 pm and waited for the "open hours". I was the 3rd person in line! Suzanne played on the floor for a while and then someone was nice enough to let the "maman" go ahead. And how was this a celebration of the beginning of labor? The doctor supplied me with drugs to dry up my milk. Apparently, I am a very good milk maker and my body won't stop so I have a seriously clogged duct.

When I left the doctor's at 7:30, there were still 10 people waiting to see him. I wonder what time he got home. Oh, and I saw him kiss other people...

I have lots of things to bitch about, with meetings and obnoxious French women being very French, but it'll have to wait. right now I'd like to flash back to the beginning of labor, in real time, May 25th, 2006:

At 8 pm, I started cramping. Jerome went to sleep but my stomach hurt and I was wired. At around 11, I woke him up to tell him it was happening (I thought it was at least since I saw some mucus plug). I tried to sleep, but kept getting woken up by contractions. So I decided to sit on all fours in the living room and work through it. It felt like there were knives in my hips, which I thought might be normal. At 4 am I took a bath, the contractions were 5 minutes apart, so Jerome called our friend Bryony to come pick us up at 5am to bring us to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital, we checked in and the nice staff asked if it was a girl or a boy, what the name was, and congratulations. When I got to the examening room, the "midhusband" looked at me and said, "Madame, you are open a finger. Either you can hang around here and walk around or go home and come back later." We opted to go home and the midhusband said, "See you later." to be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...