Sunday 24 August 2008

False advertising

I can understand using a half-naked woman to sell yogurt.


I can even almost understand a sexified octopus selling soda.



But this ad perturbs and perplexes me. It says:


Creator of desires

Desire to go shopping?


Are they a strip club? Are they a leather warehouse? No, they sell tiles…

Obviously this ad is not aimed at my audience and I guess if I am thinking about it so much, it is successful, right? But maybe if I were a testosterone driven man who liked DIY and short-shorts, I'd actually likethis ad. But I'm not so I just think it's really kind of gross.

Case in point: I was in the car with my mom who speaks French and is a smart person. I showed her the add and she said, "what's that for?" I said, "tiles." She didn't get it. I hope to be reincarnated as a man in my next life; that way I may understand French advertising a little better.

1 comment:

Papadesdeux said...

Oh yeah, that from the advertising school of "JUST MAKE THEM LOOK" then put your name on it and hope they remember.

I don't think I would remember the name 5 minutes later. But then maybe I wouldn't be the best test case. Er, no maybe about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...