Sunday 10 June 2007

2nd time around

Today was the first round of the legislative elections. Since this is my 2nd French elections, I should feel more confident about it. But I don't.

When I went to vote this time, I knew what to do. But something strange happened in the voting booth. I had planned on voting for one of the smaller parties (choice of 12 candidates!) but couldn't bring myself to do it. The US's two party system is so engrained in my mind, that even though I had the folded ballot ready to slip into the envelope, I voted for one of the two main parties. It was almost like I was too scared to not let my vote count, possibly related to the electoral college where your vote really doesn't count? Anyway...more election experiences in another 2 weeks. Seems like the elections never end...very French.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...