Wednesday 11 April 2007

the magic dress

I've spent so much time in my life worrying about getting fat, thinking my body has changed, worrying about how fat I'll be after pregnancy.

So this morning I took out my summer clothes. I decided to try a cute little dress I bought just after I ran the Paris marathon, when I was the "skinniest" I've ever been. And it fit. Now what I can't figure out is why it fits. I don't know. You decide:

a) the dress is magic and adapts to fit my ever-morphing body
b) Jérôme replaced all of my clothes so that I wouldn't complain about how fat I got
c) The dress was too big before, but fits now that I've gained weight.
d) Suzanne has drained all excess fat from my body by nursing and I never have to exercise again.
e) being pregnant and breastfeeding has helped my body naturally find its comfort zone
f) my body has never really changed, I've never been fat or skinny, and it's all in my head.

1 comment:

Just me said...

Oh, poo on you! ;o) You are so far from being fat it's unbelieveable!

I gained 7 kilos while I was pregnant with my little one. One week post-pregnancy, I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight. In the 3 months since.....I gained back 2 kilos!

This coming Tuesday my little girl is going to be 3 months old. It's about time for mommy to get her butt in gear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...