Monday 12 March 2007

solids are disappointing

I'm just barely functioning at work today (funny since my boss just said "oh, you're productive today." haha). Having a lot of trouble today and not sure how I'm functioning. My husband had an existential issue at midnight last night. He'd been moping more or less all weekend, and then as I'm settling down for bed (knowing that the baby will be waking up in a few hours to eat), he finally figures out what's wrong with him and needs to talk. I held my eyes open to listen to him and then after a while, since I couldn't solve his problems (work, our new house, not having enough time with his daughter), it was time for bed.

Here I am hoping that little S will sleep til at least 5am. Come on, she had broccoli, carrots, chicken and couscous for dinner. And apple for dessert. But, to my dismay, she woke up crying a little before 3am. At least she's consistent these days.

I'm starting to wonder if I should stop feeding her at night and let her cry it out. But it's almost easier to get up and feed her than to listen to her cry herself back to sleep (after 2 hours).

Maybe tonight I'll feed her something more solid like Irish stew. And I'll give my husband some extra beer. But then I'd have to sleep on the couch to escape dear husband's snoring. Woe is me!

1 comment:

Just me said...

Yum! Can't wait until my little one starts solids. =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...