Monday 19 August 2013

Mommy, don't eat grave

During vacation, the kids get to watch tv in the morning. And we get to sleep a little more.

The kids were more than happy to sit in front of bad 21st century versions of my favorite 20th century cartoons like Garfield and Scooby Doo. And they were also happy to learn about consumerism.

I started to worry when they started chatting to each other about the chocolate cereal and how funny the rabbit was. And last week, my just-4 year old boy looked at me and said, "Mommy, you shouldn't eat trop grave." So I asked him for an explanation since I wasn't quite sure what he was talking about since grave in French means serious.

"Mommy, il ne faut pas manger trop grave, trop sucré ou trop salé".  (You shouldn't eat too serious, too sweet or too salty). So I asked him where he heard that? On Ludo of course (the kids' program): Manger-Bouger is the add campaign for healthy eating, kind of like the Time for Timer public service announcement back in the last century.

 I had to ask him what grave meant. He replied that it meant when you eat too much food that makes you fat. I see...gras like grease ie fat.

He then went on to tell me I had a big belly.

The candor of 4 year olds.


2 comments:

Lauren said...

Every once in a while, TV comes through for us! Lol!

Reb said...

depends what you mean by "comes through"...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...