Thursday 11 June 2009

And finally the Meme I was double tagged for...

I was double tagged by Beth at BurkinaMom in France and Pardon My French. Better late than never...you'd think with nothing to do at the moment, I'd find more time to post but somehow, being on maternity leave doesn't lend itself to such interesting or inspiring posts...

1.
What are your current obsessions? Toxoplasmosis (because of the new kitten), having a large baby and having to be sliced open, going to the pool, and trying to motivate myself to work on my various DIY projects before I pop. And also trying to figure out a way to get the new kitten to clean herself a little better. She kind of smells...

2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear the most often? T-shirts or anything else that fits over my gut.

3. What's for dinner? I have a couscous on the stove, loaded with turnips and am rolling the grain 4 times per Leila's instructions

4. Last thing you bought? Lovely local strawberries from the market (and 3 pairs of shoes last week but don't tell my husband)

5. What are you listening to? New Edition (don't laugh! I'm a product of the 80's and regress fairly often)

6. If you were a god / goddess what would you be? Um, I'm not sure what I'd be but I'd like to be a bodhisattva. When I was at college, I loved learning about them and their benevolent ways. I espeically liked the bodhisattva Avalokitesvara (or I've a low key test for you as my wonderful Prof. Strong used to call him). Or maybe Athena, just because she's so cool.

7. Favourite holiday spots? Running. Does that count since it's my favorite sport anyway?

8. Reading right now? I'm reading a booked called The Wondeful Short Life of Oscar Wao. It's pretty good but it's make me work my limited Spanish because it's full of Dominican expressions.

9. Four words to describe you? impatient, anxious, gourmand and faithful.

10. Guilty pleasure? La Latière dark chocolate ice cream with bits of dark chocolate in it. Kicks Ben and Jerry's ass any day!

11. Who or what makes you laugh? My daughter makes me laugh hard with her daily observations of the world. But at the moment, it's the kitten who's making my chuckle. I forgot how crazy and funny they are.

12. Favourite spring thing to do? Run...I know, I'm boring.

13. Planning to travel next? I dream of going to India or Morocco but it'll be a while...

14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? I did make some kick ass cupcakes for my daughter's birthday...

15. Last time you were tipsy? I can't remember...pregnancy seems so long...

16. Favourite ever film? Princess Bride (or Sixteen Candles)

17. Biggest life lesson you've learned from your kids? Say what you mean.

18. Song you can't get out of your head? New Edition - Can You Stand the Rain. It's fairly painful actually...

19.What makes you squirm? The site of bloated worms on the sidewalk just after a big rain. Something about accidentally stepping on them makes me want to hurl and scream at the same time.

I'm supposed to tag 8 people now, but sorry, I can't. I don't know if 8 people actually read my blog anymore or if any of them would actually answer it. Plus this is way over due so...

4 comments:

Beth said...

LOL! You have running on the brain! It was "Holiday SPOTS", not "sports".
Funny girl!

I'm glad you got to this! It was fun to read! And now I know that you LOVE to run!!

Jamie Sandford said...

Dear Reb,

Sorry for posting this here, I couldn't see a contact form for you.

My name is Jamie Sandford and I run a regional website about the Languedoc Roussillon - www.frenchentree.com/languedoc

My wife and I, Greca, do our best to create as comprehensive a site about the region as we can. Having recently started reading a few blogs I thought it would be great for our readers to have a resource of the best blogs in the region and France. We would like to add your blog to the list if you are happy for us to do so, you can see our progress so far here - http://www.frenchentree.com/languedoc-living/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=40066

If you like what we are trying to achieve with our site, and would like to be added to the article, then we would be very grateful if you could spread the news by linking to our home page in return.

Kind regards,

Jamie.

Jamie Sandford
www.frenchentree-languedoc.com
00 33 (0)4 68 31 68 87

Reb said...

Beth, LOL. I actually went to the pharmacy and asked for sweat-proof sun screen so I could go running this summer. The pharmacist looked at me funny til I realized I wouldn't be doing too much running for the next few months...

Best holiday spot is my in-laws' place in SW France (when the in laws aren't there of course)...or NEw England in the summer and fall. Nantucket. Vermont. Maine.

Marianne said...

"10. Guilty pleasure? La Latière dark chocolate ice cream with bits of dark chocolate in it. Kicks Ben and Jerry's ass any day!"

really?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...