Tuesday 4 December 2007

A Miracle Happened Here.

In Lille, at Monoprix to be exact.

Tonight's the first night of Hannukkah (Chanuka or even Honnike). I went to Monoprix to get some fixings for my chicken soup and was considering the idea of buying matzah and actually making my own matzah meal so my in-laws, who are invited over for latkes tomorrow night, could get the "real" thing.

As I walked past the kosher section (in search of matzah which is found in the gourmet section right next to the kosher section), I saw a store employee stocking the shelves...With Hanukkah candles! This is indeed another Hanukkah miracle as never before have I been able to find them in Lille! In Paris, there's the Marais. But in Lille, there's my mother's annual Hannukah package.

So tonight, French candles will be burning! But, crap, I don't think I have any matches.

(In case you're curious, I didn't buy the matzah after thinking better of the idea of grinding up dozens of sheets of the cardboard like stuff and making my own meal. When will matzah ball mix make it to France?)

2 comments:

wcs said...

Happy Hannukkah!

Just me said...

You know, I was looking for Hanukkah cards at Auchan the other day, and I couldn't find any. What the heck man!

Shalom!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...